Wimborne Orienteers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Wimborne Orienteers

The message board of Wimborne Orienteers

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Charlie Morton - Passed away Sat 3rd

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Vulture

Vulture

Number of posts : 27
Registration date : 2006-09-04

Charlie Morton - Passed away Sat 3rd Empty
PostSubject: Charlie Morton - Passed away Sat 3rd   Charlie Morton - Passed away Sat 3rd EmptyTue May 06, 2008 2:55 am

It is with great sadness that I have to tell you that Charlie Morton passed away at 3.30 p.m. on Saturday 3rd May 2008. Charlie contracted an infection just over a fortnight ago and had been in Poole Hospital in Intensive Care. You will all know that Charlie had fought a long and hard battle against leukaemia for over 18 months and his body just could not cope with this latest problem.
The world has lost a nice man and we have lost a good friend. I am sure you will all want to join me in sending condolences to Karen and their boys Stuart and Greg.
Back to top Go down
Barny of Blandford

Number of posts : 96
Registration date : 2006-08-25

PostSubject: Charlie   Charlie Morton - Passed away Sat 3rd EmptyWed May 07, 2008 12:45 pm

I was very sad to hear the news about Charlie Morton. Ian Sayer has sent me the following information -

CHARLIE MORTON

Just to let you know that the funeral for Charlie Morton will be on Friday 16th May at Poole Crematorium at 3.30 p.m. There will be family flowers only but donations can be made to Leukaemia Research via Tappers of Broadstone.

After the funeral, Karen has invited you to come along to the Hamworthy Club. She has said she would be very pleased to see Charlie’s orienteering friends and could you please let us know if you plan to come.

Iam Sayer - Wessex OC
Back to top Go down
trailorienteer
Admin
trailorienteer

Number of posts : 76
Registration date : 2006-08-21

PostSubject: Re: Charlie Morton - Passed away Sat 3rd   Charlie Morton - Passed away Sat 3rd EmptyTue May 13, 2008 4:30 am

I'm sure that all WIM members will join me in expressing our sympathy to Karen and family at this sad time. Charlie will be sadly missed by us all.

The club will be officially represented at the funeral.

It is unfortunate that at the same time, many of us will be officiating at the Dorset Schools Orienteering Championships and so will be unable to attend the funeral.

Dick Keighley
Chair
Wimborne Orienteers
Back to top Go down
https://wimborneorienteers.editboard.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Charlie Morton - Passed away Sat 3rd   Charlie Morton - Passed away Sat 3rd Empty

Back to top Go down

Charlie Morton - Passed away Sat 3rd
Page 1 of 1