Wimborne Orienteers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Wimborne Orienteers

The message board of Wimborne Orienteers

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Somerley

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Barny of Blandford

Number of posts : 96
Registration date : 2006-08-25

Somerley Empty
PostSubject: Somerley   Somerley EmptySun Oct 29, 2006 10:29 am

Link to photos of today will appear here soon (I hope!)
Back to top Go down
Simon

Number of posts : 28

Somerley Empty
PostSubject: Re: Somerley   Somerley EmptySun Oct 29, 2006 12:56 pm

Photos are here
Back to top Go down
Barny of Blandford

Somerley Empty
PostSubject: maps   Somerley EmptySun Oct 29, 2006 12:58 pm

If anyone on the green course today would like a copy of their map please contact me and I will bring to the November Classic at the weekend.
Results today were interesting and some excellent results
On white Fraser Smith won but Imogen Giles had 6/9 fastest splits - interesting!
On yellow George Butler had a narrow win over Katie Reynolds
Orange was a family affair for the Benhams but Lucy (2nd) had better splits overall
Light green was the course of the day- Nick Smith won with only 1 fastest split, Tamara Giles (2nd) has 3, Helen Hodge (3rd) one fastest split but Helen Miller in 6th place had 5 fastest splits!!!
Finally green - Gavin Clegg won by 19 seconds and 6 fastest splits - Liam Howlett 5 fastest splits - so when will Liam ran Gavin out of it
Roll on the next Dorset Schools match to see who or what happens
Finally a brilliant turn out - well done all the various schools (and parents and other runners)
Back to top Go down
Barny of Blandford

Somerley Empty
PostSubject: slight mistake   Somerley EmptySun Oct 29, 2006 1:04 pm

As you can all see from the photos I 'mucked it up' when downloading - it is not Canford BBQ but Somerley today - hopefull Simon will not shoot me and correct it later Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed
Back to top Go down
Vulture

Vulture

Number of posts : 27
Registration date : 2006-09-04

Somerley Empty
PostSubject: Thanks   Somerley EmptySun Oct 29, 2006 1:26 pm

Great fun today at Somerley, thanks to all involved bounce bounce Well planned courses for the area, kept you thinking and when you didnt you made mistakes. Embarassed Embarassed
Fraser on White was doing 6.5 minute k's - very impressive. Emily Benham deserves a mention on the Green - 4th place in an excellent time. Liam might have got close to Gavin today but you have to remember that Gavin has a back injury, sore achilies, sciatic nerve problems and hasnt been training properly since June so Liam is going to have to wait a while yet!!!!
Thanks also to Keith Henderson for the relays which Wessex won comfortably. The young wippersnapers did threaten, but you've got to get all the controls to count Laughing Laughing Laughing
Back to top Go down
Barny of Blandford

Somerley Empty
PostSubject: Re: Somerley   Somerley EmptySun Oct 29, 2006 1:28 pm

I am obviously in favour - they are now corrected
Thanks to Simon Sleep Sleep you can now sleep again
Back to top Go down
trailorienteer
Admin
trailorienteer

Number of posts : 76
Registration date : 2006-08-21

Somerley Empty
PostSubject: Re: Somerley   Somerley EmptySun Oct 29, 2006 2:55 pm

Final Results, Comments, Photographs all up on the website. Schools League points will be up tomorrow evening, I hope.

I must say, I greatly enjoyed today - its not often these days that you get to run on a new area and the weather was a real bonus after the last week or so.

Its a pity that the rest of the woodland at Somerley is so full of rhododendrons as to be useless for ordinary orienteering (except to the bit given over to paintballing).

However, what we can use is clearly great for Schools events/Park/Sprint-O etc and we are grateful to the Somerley Estate for giving us access to it.

We have this idea that we could add Somerley to Ringwood North & Moors Valley to make a great MTBO area sometime. Something for the future. perhaps
Back to top Go down
https://wimborneorienteers.editboard.com
Sponsored content

Somerley Empty
PostSubject: Re: Somerley   Somerley Empty

Back to top Go down

Somerley
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Wimborne Orienteers :: Wimborne Orienteers Member's Forum-
Jump to: